- H-1B status for professionals under the “specialty occupation” category
- L-1 intracompany transferee status for companies with parent, subsidiary or affiliate organizations abroad
- TN status for nationals of Canada and Mexico under the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA)
- PERM labor certification for permanent residency for employees
- EB-1 “extraordinary ability” or “outstanding professors or researchers” permanent residency
- EB-2 “national interest waiver” permanent residency
- O-1 visas for foreign nationals with “outstanding ability”; and P-1 visas for professional athletes
- The firm also counsels employers and employees with regard to B-1 business visitor visas and entry on ESTA, the visa waiver program.
Typical professional occupational classifications include:
- managers and executives
- all types of engineers and related professions, including but not limited to software engineers, programmer analysts, aerospace engineers, system analysts, mechanical, electrical and structural engineers
- various construction and other trades, technical, service and hospitality positions can in some cases qualify for TN status. Some may also qualify for PERM labor certification for permanent residency.